This week is an exciting one with a build mid-week just before a new Tale and the 48-hour AvA Skirmish Phase!
New Build Wednesday
First, the build this week will be out tomorrow, Wednesday, October 28, around 7:00 AM EDT (11:00 UTC). We chose to push out this week’s build 2 days later to finish testing our AvA bugfixes and improvements. With the extra two days, we were able to fix a ton of AvA bugs, get in some improvements, and prepare for our AvA Skirmish phase!
Next Tale - Azor Ahai Reborn #2
Second, the next Tale will begin as usual on Wednesday, October 28, at 11:00 AM EDT (15:00 UTC). This week’s tale is the second run of Azor Ahai Reborn. From his fiery defeat on the Blackwater to his triumphant victory over the King Beyond the Wall, join Stannis Baratheon on his quest to become Azor Ahai reborn! In this Tale, the focus is on Stannis as King Robert's true heir. The calculating Melisandre declares him Azor Ahai reborn and uses her sorcery to guide him.
The Top Players for this Tale can earn unique titles like "The Reborn" and "The Chosen One", as well as items such as:
Azor Ahai's Sword Aflame
Azor Ahai's Cloak Aflame
Azor Ahai's Galleon
This tale is a 100% Battle Tale, so prepare yourself!
AvA 48-hour Test - Skirmish Phase
Third, we have our next AvA test phase - the AvA skirmish! This 48-hour Skirmish will begin tomorrow, October 28, at 11:00 AM EDT (15:00 UTC) and run for 48 hours, ending Friday, October 30 at 11:00 AM EDT (15:00 UTC).
Some updates to look forward to in this AvA test phase include:
- The new Outgoing Attack Log, so you can see your Alliance’s last 100 outgoing actions.
- Attack speed changed to a 60-minute cooldown, with a maximum speed-up of 70% (18 minutes). This means Sworn Swords shouldn’t die as often in the skirmish phase!
- Doubled Health and Silver effects of all actions. This is based on your feedback and our analysis of the 24-hour Blitz phase.
- VP scaling based on the relative rank of the attacker and defender alliances. Earn bonus VP when attacking alliances ranked higher than you!
- Level loss on Sworn Sword death remains deactivated, and the replacement cost for all dead Sworn Swords is 100 silver.
- New, unique titles for Alliances who win the Skirmish phase (e.g. Frozen Skirmisher, etc.).
In addition, the team has fixed a large variety of bugs that will make AvA much smoother! Be sure to let us know what you think about the new Skirmish Phase, here in our AvA forums: