1 2 3 >  Last ›
Item enhancement
Posted: 17 September 2013 04:42 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Squire
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  112
Joined  2013-07-04

I’m truly looking forward to item enhancement:

Item Enhancements: The first system allows our players to make changes and modifications to their own crafted and acquired items. Called Item Enhancement (though that may not be its final name), this system will allow players to apply modifiers that add to the item’s attributes. Item Enhancement modifiers increase the capabilities of your items, and potentially gives them new abilities.

For instance, there is no Body gear that I can find that adds anything to Sabotage attack although there are several that add to Sabotage defend. Cannot understand why that is the case, but I look forward to being able to craft a nice cloak or something that would add more of that ability to my SS who is stuck with a more generic item right now.

What do the rest of you plan to do with item enhancement when it comes?

Posted: 17 September 2013 05:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Squire
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  146
Joined  2013-03-27

Make anything I have crafted with ‘of the Stag’ permanent!

Signature 

♛ PM me if interested in joining HoB ♛ Add me as a friend ♛

Posted: 17 September 2013 06:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Warden
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2161
Joined  2013-05-14

The only body item that adds attack %s of any kind without red gem bonuses is Shadowbinder Mask.

Signature 

Volume I Quests :: Sworn Sword statistics calculator :: Full lineage

Argella Strickland formerly Orys Parren formerly Argella Woodfoot formerly Orys Toyne

Posted: 17 September 2013 09:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Of The Seven
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1823
Joined  2013-05-15

We’ll be watching carefully to see how you all like Item Enhancement. I can say that it’s not applying a prefix or suffix to an item - it is a completely new system that has more in common with World of Warcraft’s gem system than our current crafting system.

Signature 

Nod
Product Manager, Game of Thrones Ascent

Posted: 17 September 2013 09:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Squire
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  249
Joined  2013-05-30
Nod - 17 September 2013 09:01 AM

We’ll be watching carefully to see how you all like Item Enhancement. I can say that it’s not applying a prefix or suffix to an item - it is a completely new system that has more in common with World of Warcraft’s gem system than our current crafting system.

Well, there it is, the only time in my life I wish I would have played WOW so I had an idea of what the system was LOL Off to wiki-it.

Signature 

Posted: 17 September 2013 11:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Warden
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1059
Joined  2013-04-11

[...] it is a completely new system that has more in common with World of Warcraft’s gem system than our current crafting system.

If it’s like a gem socket, that sounds more like a boon for items.

Would this mean that the enhancement would be temporary?

PS - I know you can’t really go in to detail, but I had to ask .. smile

Signature 

. . . _____________________________Girl or boy, we fight our battles .. but the gods let us choose our weapons.______________________________. . .
____________________________________________ Payne Bloodthorn | Tempest Sands | Cienna Rivers | Anastasia Nymeros Qorgyle

Posted: 17 September 2013 12:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Warden
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1583
Joined  2013-03-03
Payne Bloodthorn - 17 September 2013 11:06 AM

[...] it is a completely new system that has more in common with World of Warcraft’s gem system than our current crafting system.

If it’s like a gem socket, that sounds more like a boon for items.

Would this mean that the enhancement would be temporary?

PS - I know you can’t really go in to detail, but I had to ask .. smile

I don’t think enhancements are temporary since we can make enhanced items permanent. I did think about something using gems when the official AvA thread was released, and Nod’s reply over here confirms my expectation. I do hope to see speed-up and silver enhancements too though. smile

Signature 

Alternative crafting system (some old ideas)

Posted: 17 September 2013 12:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Warden
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1059
Joined  2013-04-11
Tiber Septim - 17 September 2013 12:07 PM

I don’t think enhancements are temporary since we can make enhanced items permanent.

Making the enhancement perm would possibly be only one form of enhancement. Some WoW gems can be overwritten, which means that are temporary to some degree.

Sounds like we may get a variety of gems/stones that each have specific attributes, permanency sounded like a completely different bit of code written into the shop.

Oh, the joy of speculation!

Signature 

. . . _____________________________Girl or boy, we fight our battles .. but the gods let us choose our weapons.______________________________. . .
____________________________________________ Payne Bloodthorn | Tempest Sands | Cienna Rivers | Anastasia Nymeros Qorgyle

Posted: 17 September 2013 01:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  720
Joined  2013-05-25

i never played WoW either, so i guess i’ll have to wait and see

Signature 

~~~~~~~
Currently Lady Morgane Snow of Baratheon fealty
1st life: Targaryen fealty (level 164)
2nd life: Greyjoy Fealty (level 94)
3rd life: Stark fealty (level 68)

Leader of Dragons are awesome alliance

Posted: 17 September 2013 01:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Warden
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1010
Joined  2013-05-19

i can honestly say i CAN NOT WAIT lol

Signature 

Posted: 17 September 2013 02:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  685
Joined  2013-05-08
RapierDwit - 17 September 2013 09:29 AM

Well, there it is, the only time in my life I wish I would have played WOW so I had an idea of what the system was LOL Off to wiki-it.

+1 ..so, I’ll wait and see

Signature 

GoTA-Wiki
Call to banners—Revamping the Sworn Swords management system
cap: hostile PtP
Item Enh. Diplomacy Alliance
Rev. PtP

Posted: 17 September 2013 02:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Warden
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2161
Joined  2013-05-14

Hopefully being able to make items permanent will be around before new fealties!

Signature 

Volume I Quests :: Sworn Sword statistics calculator :: Full lineage

Argella Strickland formerly Orys Parren formerly Argella Woodfoot formerly Orys Toyne

Posted: 17 September 2013 02:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Warden
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1583
Joined  2013-03-03
Orys Lothston - 17 September 2013 02:30 PM

Hopefully being able to make items permanent will be around before new fealties!

That I hope two. I wouldn’t mind bringing a couple of elite cavalrymen with me in the next incarnation. raspberry

Signature 

Alternative crafting system (some old ideas)

Posted: 17 September 2013 02:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Stablehand
RankRank
Total Posts:  91
Joined  2013-07-10

Can you only enhance a specific number of items or all of your items? And if it just is a specific number of items will the items you enhance be “unenhancable”?
Since if I would want some quest speed items enhancements right now while I am reincarnating I will probably want other enhancements when I am done reincarnating.

Signature 

26x Stark, 7x Lannister, 18x Greyjoy, 18x Baratheon, 10x Targaryen, 1x Martell, 10x Tyrell, 10x Tully.

Posted: 17 September 2013 03:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Of The Seven
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1823
Joined  2013-05-15

Item Enhancement is coming along well! Here is a sneak peek of what we have been working on, with some enhanced items. Please note that these screenshots are from a version that is still in development; UI, stats, and the system itself may go through changes before this goes live.

The first screenshot is of a Sworn Sword with all six seal slots unlocked. The stats and description are cumulative of all items, seals, and inherent stats on the Sworn Sword. You should also notice that the middle bar in the Sworn Sword, where the seal slots are, is gold. That means that this Sworn Sword is permanent. Items and sworn swords become permanent when you spend gold to unlock a seal slot.

The second screenshot is of a Valyrian Dagger, which was attached to that Sworn Sword, enhanced with four seals.

The different colors of seals on each item denote the rarity of the seal equipped in that slot. You’ll also notice a More button, which lets you see all of the stats of the item, in case the text is cut off by the description space.

Just a little fuel for your thoughts on this Tuesday afternoon!

Signature 

Nod
Product Manager, Game of Thrones Ascent

Posted: 17 September 2013 03:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  746
Joined  2013-02-22
Nod - 17 September 2013 03:21 PM

Items and sworn swords become permanent when you spend gold to unlock a seal slot.

Does that mean that this system requires gold to use? Or do items/SS start with some slots and you can get more by paying gold?

Signature 

A Thousand Eyes and One
GoTA Research Lab

1 2 3 >  Last ›